Sunday, January 31, 2010

diligence

I have just laid down the gauntlet with a close friend that 2010 needs to be our year of "diligence".

diligence - constant and earnest effort to accomplish what is undertaken; persistent exertion of body or mind.

Now I am a pretty productive person. Don't get me wrong I have a good track record of getting a lot done, more than most in any given day. But am I truly "diligent" when it comes to things that really matter?

I have plenty of business, personal branding and self-help books. Productive work plans to be filled out, dreams to be found yet these exercises tend to go unfinished, unresolved and unrealized.

So for 2010 I am working on finding the diligence that will move me forward to the next level of productivity. That will unlock or propel me to the next level or stage of my life.

Where will I find this diligence? Hopefully in the same place I found it to meet my goal of getting to the gym, three mornings a week at the crack of dawn. Really before the crack of dawn given it is still dark out when I drive there. I have been doing this consistently for more than two months - I am quite proud of myself.

Next I must find the diligence to get up the two other mornings a week and spend some time fitting in the reading and projects that need to stop getting pushed to the wayside for things like cooking, baking, cleaning, TV, movies and naps!(Okay I really don't nap much but it would be nice.)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, "diligence" will be our watchword and 2010 is THE year! But you should know that what has always impressed me about you is your follow through. You are the single most productive person I know, so I have no doubt you will accomplish whatever you put your mind to. You have much to be proud of (besides the gym thing!) and maybe together we'll both get to that "next level."

    ReplyDelete