I've been reading, or I should say working, Dan Schwabel's Me 2.0, Build a Powerful Brand to Achieve Career Success. Doing the exercises in this book is a very thoughtful and insightful process.
Working with my friend, former boss and mentor Jeff Jackson I have worked to develop a personal brand logo which is now on my blog page in addition to being used on my weakly followed Twitter account (@lmaherkelly)and on my Facebook page.

I believe Jeff did a great job taking in my direction of how I want to be represented - having worked together for nine years and having a continued friendship for more than 16 years I know he gets who I am.
In addition to developing a brand logo I am trying to cull down my personal mantra to one word, one word that not only helps define and describe me but one that I know I live up to, embody and embrace on a daily basis. This is the word that keeps coming to the forefront of my mind:
Dynamic: pertaining to or characterized by energy or effective action; vigorously active or forceful; energetic.
I am hoping that that as I keep developing my brand that I will continue to improve my focus and clarify the journey on which I'd like to embark.
Next up writing a strong personal value statement...
I will keep you posted!
Thanks for sharing and for reading Me 2.0.
ReplyDelete